Monday, September 8, 2014

From The Kitchen To The Blog

I'm Astleigh, wife, designer, coffee drink (of all kinds) enthusiast, lover of fall, reality TV watcher, Bible believer, baker, and blogger. Typically you can find me at Hill Collection writing about the mine and husband's adventures, projects, home design, and lifestyle. Several months ago I began playing with the idea of starting up a new blog, focused solely around the food cooked and baked in the Hills' kitchen. After all, the kitchen seems to be the heart of the home, and it's where we spend a majority of our time.


With plenty of thought and a brainstorming session, I decided Flour Darling would be the home for all my recipes. My online recipe box, with dishes ranging from appetizers to desserts. And I'm most excited to feature dishes inspired by the seasons and holidays. It's going to keep my kitchen festive, and I'm super smitten with that! 

I'm so delighted to have you here, in my virtual kitchen where I'll be sharing one of my greatest joys! Flour Darling will keep me searching for novel ways to prepare food, new recipes, and twists on family classics. Grab a pen and paper, jot down your favorites and must-tries, and leave me words of advice from one cook/baker to another as we go along!

Now for a recipe! With the official close to summer imminent in a short few weeks, I've decided to share some of my favorite summer meals first. Because those beautiful fruits aren't going to be around much longer, evening BBQ's will become fewer, and the fall foods are ready to be made!



  • What You'll Need
    • 5 lb. ribs
    • 1 cup brown sugar
    • 1 TBSP garlic salt
    • 1 TBSP paprika
    • 1 TBSP onion powder
    • Sweet Baby Ray's Original BBQ Sauce

  • What You'll Do
    • In a small bowl combine sugar and spices. Mix well. 
    • Cut off the thin membrane of fat from the back of the ribs. Set the ribs meaty side down on two layers of tin foil. Rub the spice mixture to coat both sides. 
    • Put an additional two layers of tin foil on top of the ribs and crimp the edges tightly to seal the ribs inside. 
    • Place on a baking sheet and stick in the oven for 2 hours and 15 minutes at 300°.
    • After the ribs have cooked, pull them out of the oven and cut them every three bones to separate into portions.
    • Baste both sides of the ribs with BBQ sauce and finish cooking on the grill, two minutes on each side. Remove from the grill once the ribs have been caramelized.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...